Sometimes getting through the holiday season is about finding healthy alternatives. I love carrot cake so this recipe caught my eye. It is a delicious and healthy cookie.
1 cup rolled oats
¾ cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large carrot, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the oats, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3. In another bowl mix the olive oil, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until well combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto a greased tray.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make these Cookies more christmas themed, I placed candied ginger cut in half into the middle of the cookie just after removing from the oven.
I Love cycling. Love to explore on my bike. Love to explore food that fuels my ride.